R201 - Ban on standard glass bottle caps

A place where resolutions undergoing review by the council await their fate.

R201 - Ban on Standard Bottle Caps

Poll ended at Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:42 pm

Yes
No votes
No
No votes

Total votes: 0

miokalia
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Species: Mechanical T-Rex

R201 - Ban on standard glass bottle caps

Post by miokalia » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:42 am

Yaro Fourier, after being unable to remove the cap from a bottle without destroying it and causing minor cosmetic damage to his claws, flew into a rage of righteous indignation and took it out on the Federation Council.
After angrily tearing through some recent WA briefs, he found a proposal authored by someone who experienced the same issue, so he ported a comparable proposal for a Resolution over to the council.
(http://www.nationstates.net/page=UN_vie ... 1300357037)

WHEREAS: Standard bottlecaps requiring a "bottle opener" and not compatible with the obvious "twist off" methodology have caused undue trauma and consternation among people
WHEREAS: Many minor injuries are inflicted upon beverage users by these dangerous cap configurations.
WHEREAS: Attempting to open these with one's teeth can cause tremendous dental damage which can cost as much as $6000 to repair poorly, and as much as $10,000 to repair sufficently (I'm actually not kidding about this one).
RECOGNIZING: That these non-twist-off bottle caps are complete evil and must be stopped with extreme prejudice.

BE IT RESOLVED: That "standard" or non-twist-off bottle caps be permanently banned within the jurisdiction of the Furry Federation for ever and ever and ever and ever and ever.

miokalia
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Species: Mechanical T-Rex

Re: R201 - Ban on standard glass bottle caps

Post by miokalia » Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:20 pm

Representative Fourier said,
"I'm pretty much over it now. And actually, I do agree with the representative there. This isn't really something that warrants a law at all.

So I am going to vote no on my own proposition."