Electoral Voting System

For general OOC discussion about Furfed.
SinkSankSunk
Species: Human

Electoral Voting System

Post by SinkSankSunk » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:57 am

I recently made up a new voting system to elect nation leaders, and it uses random numbers taboot.
I thought we needed a completely unbiased method for electing so after a few hours of brainshtorming I had made method 1, which was ok. But then method 2 came along and made it super random. Below is a document describing and demonstrating the system.

Method 1 used a random number generator to pick a number between 1 and 100. This number was the percentage of votes to one candidate, and the corresponding candidate was chosen by flipping a coin, either 1 or 3 times. This number was also chosen by flipping a coin. Heads was candidate A and 3 flips and Tails was candidate B and 1 flip. Method 2 made the outcome even more random by using a random number list generator, making a list of 14 numbers (Integers) between 1 and 100. A die was then rolled once, and using the number outcome on the die, a random number generator was used to pick between 1 and 14 and was repeated for the total number on the die. This process was repeated with lesser numbers each time until only 2 numbers remained. Repeat numbers were discarded and re-generated. A coin was then flipped once and the number picked was the voter percentage. Example below.

Election race between Duran k. Haim IIII (Candidate A) and Vincent Valowry (Candidate B)

Integer list: 58, 5, 71, 63, 92, 97, 41, 42, 50, 17, 72, 7, 22, 76

Dice roll reveals a 4. Generating 4 numbers between 1 and 14.
First number: 9
Ninth number in the list is 50, thus 9=50
Second number: 8
Third number: 3
Fourth number: 2

So now our numbers are : 50, 42, 71, 5

Now we roll a die, only accepting roll less than 4.

Process repeats until 2 numbers remain.

5, 42
A US 1 cent piece is used.
Coin is then flipped for the first number, The voter percantage.
Tails = 42%
Coin is flipped for the second number, number of candidate chances.
Tails = 1 flip
Coin is flipped for candidate election
Tails = Candidate B, Valowry

Which means:

58% of votes for Haim
42% of votes for Valowry
Haim wins the election