I am overflowing with ideas, so I'll just leave this here.

Because half the fun of a RP is planning it.
Aatuylva
Species: House Folfdog

I am overflowing with ideas, so I'll just leave this here.

Post by Aatuylva » Wed May 25, 2011 12:26 pm

OLYMPIAD OF WARRIORS (Name pending)

Ok this is going to be a depository thread for all event ideas between Bas-Tilarn, Tikult'Kal, and Aatuylva.

This is an ages old competition between the three nations that is supposed to encourage multi-culturalism and peace, but really only helps to funnel their hatred of each other into means that don't involve the dropping of bombs and munitions.

Events to be considered/approved upon: War-games (Involves an obstacle course, large capture the flag scenerio, tasers, wild animals, and high-velocity pellet guns that can kill you at short ranges)

Survival duels (teams of three armed only with a knife, a rifle with a single shot, and their own wits, that must battle their way to a tower in the center of the arena area)

Kalian Maya-ball (Losing team has to give blood to the winners, which is a dilution of the Kalian tradition, which sacrifices the losers dishonourably to Tamalok, and sacrifices the winning coach with full honors)

Traditional Games: Javelin throwing, discus tossing, variations of gaelic boulder tossing and whatnot. Lots and lots of throwing things that can be used to maim and/or kill people.

Fencing - Using rapiers instead of foils, naturally

Boxing, Wrestling, MMA - Because they /must/

VIOLENT JOUSTING OF GREAT JUSTICE - Wraithwolf, mountain lizard, and Riding Jaguar riding maniacs with long pointy spears. Ends about as expected.

May also involve a ridiculously dangerous marathon/triathalon and target-shooting competitions, as well as an arms fair designed to make the three nations reconsider their war-plans for the summer.
Last edited by Aatuylva on Wed May 25, 2011 12:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.—Robert A. Heinlein

Bas-tilarn
Species: Raven

Re: I am overflowing with ideas, so I'll just leave this her

Post by Bas-tilarn » Wed May 25, 2011 12:34 pm

Criminal death-fights, team of warriors against animal(points given based on how fast animal defeated, cool manuevers; points lost for injuries and deaths),
In an atmosphere of nervousness and fear, true strength is feeling those emotions as well, and pushing past them. Not ignoring them, but incorporating them into your decisions and actions. - Me

Aatuylva

Post by Aatuylva » Wed May 25, 2011 12:37 pm

ALSO DEATH RACES. YES.

Ten-stage gladiatorial combat with dancing girls/guys during the intermissions.
Winner of the tournament gets to bed with any (and/or all) of the dancers after the conclusion, either in full view of the public or in private quarters set aside for it. The winner also gains pardons for any crimes he may have committed.

Also maybe we should throw in a film festival to be judged by an outside party, simply because 'why not'
An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.—Robert A. Heinlein

Aatuylva

Post by Aatuylva » Wed May 25, 2011 1:27 pm

Ok now to come up with some basic structure (for those confused, half of this is irc idea :P)

Name of Olympiad: (to be voted on)

Events and numbers playing:
Gladiatorial Tournament (Five combatants from each nation)
Death Races (Two teams from each nation)
Kalian Maya-Ball (Eight members per team)
War Games (Two fire-teams per nation, 5-12 members)
Tracking Duels [The one with knife and sniper rifle] (Teams of three)
Fencing (teams of five)
Boxing Tournament (teams of five)
Wrestling Tournament (ditto)
MMA Tournament (ditto)
Jousting Tournament (ditto)
Javelin Throwing (take a guess)
Discus Tossing (ditto)
Hurling (Same again)
Target Shooting (again, teams of five)
-Pistol
-Rifle
-Archery
Endurance Marathon (involves obstacle course, swimming, wild animals, and is twelve miles total, two runners from each nation)

Now we list the ones we're favored for, and probably discuss coming up with teams and who gets to host the 'first' one on the forums.

Bas-tilarn
Species: Raven

Post by Bas-tilarn » Wed May 25, 2011 1:31 pm

Fencing, Target shooting(Pistol), Jousting, Boxing

Gladiatorial Tournament (Five combatants from each nation) - Neutral. They send their best people from anywhere for the honor.
Death Races (Two teams from each nation) - Tilarnens are middle of the Pack at this, due to the fact their machines are a bit more delicate than other.
Kalian Maya-Ball (Eight members per team) - Not good at it. At all.
War Games (Two fire-teams per nation, 5-12 members) - Good at armored games. Worse for Infantry.
Tracking Duels [The one with knife and sniper rifle] (Teams of three) - As Bas-Tilarn is open plains and hills, with small forests, hiding is a bit of an issue to train with. Nuetral to Worse
Fencing (teams of five) - Traditional method of settling arguments among the Noblesse. Leader of the pack.
Boxing Tournament (teams of five) - Leader of the sport, as Akkedik gypsies are used to simply over-power the opponents.
Wrestling Tournament (ditto) - Ditto. Fast wrestlers have a better chance, as bone and joint locks work just the same. "The bigger you are, the harder you fall."
MMA Tournament (ditto) - Martial Arts doesn't have that big a following in Bas-Tilarn. Worse
Jousting Tournament (ditto) - The Hunshrrl show great pride in demonstrating the fearlessness of their Varactyl Riders.
Javelin and Discus Tossing (ditto) - Neutral. Not a big following.
Hurling (Same again) - Ditto
Target Shooting (In pistol, rifle, and archery variants, again, teams of five) - Certainly trained to shoot well, but they are probably on the same level as their neighbours
Endurance Marathon (involves obstacle course, swimming, wild animals, and is twelve miles total, two runners from each nation) - Depends on the setting. Better at open areas, less at crowded.
Last edited by Bas-tilarn on Wed May 25, 2011 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In an atmosphere of nervousness and fear, true strength is feeling those emotions as well, and pushing past them. Not ignoring them, but incorporating them into your decisions and actions. - Me

Vipra

Post by Vipra » Wed May 25, 2011 1:41 pm

Gladiatorial Tournament (Five combatants from each nation) - Kalians are natural melee combatants, and are very familiar with their weapons. Should do well in an arena.
Death Races (Two teams from each nation) - Putting a Kalian at the wheel of a death car... Yeahno...
Kalian Maya-Ball (Eight members per team) - Totes favoured, I mean c'mon XD
War Games (Two fire-teams per nation, 5-12 members) - neutral, unless we are splitting it up intro seperated events like Armoured, aerieal, naval, infantry, etc etc. In which case the Kalians own at infantry, but suck balls at the rest.
Tracking Duels [The one with knife and sniper rifle] (Teams of three) - Kalians are raised from when they can walk to track, hunt, and kill with knives, rifles, and their claws. Should be pretty good at hunting people.
Fencing (teams of five) - Methinks the Kalians would be pretty bad at fencing, too much of a cultural focus on brutality as opposed to finesse
Boxing Tournament (teams of five) - If they have to wear pansy gloves, then not so good at it. If not, then their claws are particularly good at ripping and tearing chunks out.
Wrestling Tournament (ditto) - WRASTLING! Okay, I had to get that out of my system... Jags are compact and strong for their size, they should to pretty well.
MMA Tournament (ditto) - Fail pretty hard as Kalians generally lack the discipline for proper martial arts or do not have good enough training.
Jousting Tournament (ditto) - Riding jaguars are good and all that, but they are impractical for proper jousting and the Kalians are at a decided disadvantage.
Javelin and Discus Tossing (ditto) - Kalians have mostly abandoned such things with their love affair for rifles in full swing, but a few remote tribes send good enough throwers.
Hurling (Same again) - See above
Target Shooting (In pistol, rifle, and archery variants, again, teams of five) - Kalians are pretty good with their guns, children often conscripted to shoot birds out of the air by their parents when they are young, but all in all they are probably on the same level as their neighbours as each nation is sending their most exceptional sharpshooters.
Endurance Marathon (involves obstacle course, swimming, wild animals, and is twelve miles total, two runners from each nation) - Depends on the setting, if they are in dense jungle or tall mountains the Kalians probably have the advantage. Otherwise not so much, and running across plains will make them weep.

Aatuylva

Post by Aatuylva » Wed May 25, 2011 2:04 pm

Gladiatorial Tournament (Five combatants from each nation)
-Aatuylvans delight in gladiatorial tournaments, and will do well with swords and axes against similarly armed opponents, but 'unique' weapons that have chains or involve non-traditional tactics will stumble them pretty fiercely.
Death Races (Two teams from each nation)
-This is a passion of Aatuylvans, and they often have heavily armored and armed vehicles, with disciplined drivers behind the wheel.
Kalian Maya-Ball (Eight members per team)
-We suck at this game so hard that the Aatuylvan members of the council keep trying to remove it from the Olympiad.
War Games (Two fire-teams per nation, 5-12 members)
-So-so at infantry events unless it involves the forest, and perform extremely well in mechanized events with their swift tankettes, running circles around everyone else, unless someone gets the drop on them and they leave with their mini-tanks covered in paint.
Tracking Duels [The one with knife and sniper rifle] (Teams of three)
-Aatuylvans, being jungle-born like the Kalians, are very good with tracking, but have trouble in rocky environments and plains due to lack of cover.
Fencing (teams of five)
-Fencing is a favorite pastime of the Ryvuuli, and their teams always perform well, having a healthy competition with the teams from Bas-Tilarn
Boxing Tournament (teams of five)
-Aatuylvans are exceptional boxers, often sending their absurdly tall Haveriggi humans to the matches, with their oversized fists and chins.
Wrestling Tournament (ditto)
-We don't do too well with this one. Accallians and Ryvuuli are too wiry for it, and the Ai'lupans keep getting disqualified for 'bad touch' <.<
MMA Tournament (ditto)
-This is an event where the Aatuylvans excel, often with wielders of Mrrchn-Krr or the Ai'lupan method known as 'Fireclaw'
Jousting Tournament (ditto)
-Aatuylvans are so-so, their wraithwolves good at taking hits if not at taking orders.
Javelin Throwing (take a guess)
-Accallians excel at this, harking back to the days when they had to rely on it to fend off the Ai'lupans
Discus Tossing (ditto)
-There isn't much open space to practice this one with, so the Aatuylvans fair badly
Hurling (Same again)
-Same as Discus Tossing, although they usually send strong throwers who can get distance if they can't aim worth crap
Target Shooting (again, teams of five)
-Pistol
---Most Aatuylvans don't much favor the pistol, and only aristocrats are on the pistol team. They fair about as well as any other, but often have equipment failures due to extremely inaccurate pistols or custom jobs built for the occassion
-Rifle
---The Accallian Royal Riflemen always send their best, naturally, so it's a toss-up between them and the Kalian sharpshooters
-Archery
---We're....ok at this one, sometimes.
Endurance Marathon (involves obstacle course, swimming, wild animals, and is twelve miles total, two runners from each nation)
-Aatuylvans only ever send teams of Ai'lupans and humans for this event, relying half on the rough conditions of the jungle and half from evolution granting both of these species the ability to kill prey by chasing it to death.

Aatuylva

Post by Aatuylva » Wed May 25, 2011 5:39 pm

Ok I have a primitive scoring system set up for this, we just need to vote on a name for the event in question.
Olympiad makes /no/ sense because no one in our three nations has ever been to Greece, Rome, or mount olympus :P
For some reason I cannot attach a poll, I am sad :(
Names for poll later:
Triad Games
The Blood Revel
The Grand Games
(Any suggestions from other people welcome)

Next up would be to find out if any foreigners want to join (it's not traditional but the three of our nations are slowly opening up mainly due to want of cash, so it could happen), and especially if any foreign advertisers and sponsors want in on it. If enough other people are interested I'll put up a template for advertisers signing up, but they have to POST HERE OR I WILL AUTOMATICALLY ASSUME THEY DON'T CARE AND ARE THEREFORE NOT INTERESTED. :3

Because neither Vipra nor Baetur want to (COWARDS THE LOT OF YOU! I'm kidding *hugs*) Aatuylva will host this one, which will probably be the twenty-first/sixty-first/ninety-first or so game in the series depending on where in our combined timelines we want the open warfare to stop.

Aluez
Species: Hybrid

Post by Aluez » Wed May 25, 2011 7:05 pm

Gladiatorial Tournament (Five combatants from each nation) - If there is one thing we've learned is how to kill someone
Death Races (Two teams from each nation) - Neutral
Kalian Maya-Ball (Eight members per team) - Never played but neutral anyways
War Games (Two fire-teams per nation, 5-12 members) - Excellent.
Tracking Duels [The one with knife and sniper rifle] (Teams of three) - Excellent.
Fencing (teams of five) - Neutral
Boxing Tournament (teams of five) - Neutral
Wrestling Tournament (ditto) - Neutral
MMA Tournament (ditto) - Neutral
Jousting Tournament (ditto) - Neutral
Javelin Throwing (take a guess) - Neutral
Discus Tossing (ditto) - Neutral
Hurling (Same again) - Neutral
Target Shooting (again, teams of five) - Excellent in all fields
-Pistol
-Rifle
-Archery
Endurance Marathon (involves obstacle course, swimming, wild animals, and is twelve miles total, two runners from each nation) - Neutral
The light must be extinguished, for the shadows to disappear

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Aatuylva

Post by Aatuylva » Thu May 26, 2011 11:20 am

Name was decided in irc.

The Grand Blood Revelry

:3

Aatuylva is hosting the Fiftieth Revelry, and it will be the first Revelry since Aatuylva has opened it's personal iron curtain, meaning foreigners can actually come and watch it without having to be strip-searched four times first (might even only be once if they're lucky!)
It will be broadcasted over radio and tv, of course, foreign news people are welcome (even if it's only to gather 'proof' that everyone in this area is a barbarian) and now we shall decide on how to go about this.

Some sports will be RPed after scores are calculated, some will be left as news broadcasts, for one or two we can even make a thread that is entirely made up of sports newscasters so that they can all jostle about calling the other teams cheaters and commenting on horrible accidents!
We shall be going down the list, with the gladiatorial matches starting first, as soon as I get you lot to roll some stuff for me to start with :3