The Invasion of New Gracaria

Mommy, what are 'politics'?
The_ASE
Species: Arctic Wolf

The Invasion of New Gracaria

Post by The_ASE » Mon May 30, 2011 8:10 pm

OOC: *READ THIS PLEASE* I found a reboot would be appropriate for this. The last one turned into one massive clusterfuck from like page 2 if not earlier. I wanted to make it more planned and slow it down. I've wanted to do a guerilla warfare/resistance against occupation type thing for a while and felt that, if done right, this would be a far better and more enjoyable thread. So, let's see if this works out. I'll also be scaling things down. Five million Federation soldiers and 1,500 ships or something is a lot.

IFSF Talon Star II

High Lord Admiral Hong Tupin paced across the bridge of his ship. Before leaving for Earth, and the small Anean colony there, the Third Federation War was looking bad. Talon had fallen thanks to that traitor Marshal Soldavini. He let the Aneans take the planet, but the Federation will not be so easily defeated.

With authorization from the President of the Federation, Tupin is to invade the colony and make it quiet. Seize the colony and make everything seem normal for the most part. Occupy the colony and stomp out the inevitable resistance. Should be an easy enough assignment.

His "fleet" is fairly unarmed. Just a handful of ships, 20 in all, and all but three were transports. Aboard the transports were 200,000 soldiers and the last of the veteran Federation troops. He expects this invasion to be quick and painless... for the Federation of course. It's a known fact that all Aneans will fight to the death and any of them can turn against you with no provocation.

As the fleet, if it could even be called that, arrived over Earth, Tupin gave the order for an EMP weapon to target the colony. He doesn't want to hit anything but the island because then it would alert the other nations on the planet. Due to intelligence, from spies before the war even began.

Since it's night, Tupin looked upon the lights of the several cities of the island. A large bright spot in the middle must be the capital, then a smaller one to the south, and another two fair sized ones to the west. The capital is the main prize though.

When the missile detonated, the lights of the island went out. Tupin let out a sigh and gave the order for the transports to launch their shuttlecraft and drop pods. The shuttlecraft would hit the capital and most of the pods would as well. The few that don't will be targeting the northwest lights. According to scans, that appears to be a harbor, airport, and spaceport.

Governor's Mansion, New Gracaria, Night, Just After EMP Detonation

Rio was reading the latest report on the current state of the Third Federation War when the power went out suddenly. Assuming it was just a normal outage, he set aside the report and headed downstairs, tripping over several things on the way.

"God damn power company is putting out enough power and yet it can't keep us online." Rio grumbled after tripping over an item of questionable use*. After making it down the stairs, he finally realized just how dark it is. He searched around for his box of candles to no avail. "I hate the dark. I really do."

He stumbled over to the front door and opened it, letting in a little more light. Looking up he saw nothing really out of the ordinary. A full moon, clear skies, and lots and lots of stars. After glancing up for that moment he went back inside and saw his flashlight. Picking it up, and turning it on, he was happy that it still had working batteries.

Just as he turned it on though, he heard a thundering crash right outside his door. The crash made him jump back before looking out the door. The crash was in fact a drop pod. At first he thought it was an OST pod, but, after seeing the glowing red eyes of the armor, realized it was Federation. He almost said something, but instead did something extremely stupid.

Without thinking, he ran outside a foot or so and threw the flashlight at the soldier. After he missed, and got the attention of the soldier who hadn't even noticed him until then, he ran inside and tripped as he was running up the stairs. Right behind him was the sound of the clanging Federation armor. Just as he got up and ran up the stairs, the soldier fired two shots.

Backing around the corner, his eyes were finally adjusting to the darkness. He looked around for whatever weapon he could find. He sighed as the only thing that'd be remotely useful was that same item he tripped over earlier. Picking it up, he waited for the soldier. It was only a few seconds, though it felt like an eternity to rio, before the soldier turned the corner and Rio smacked him in the face with it.

The soldier stumbled back and Rio tackled him down the stairs. After hitting the landing, Rio continued to hit the soldier with it until he was able to wrest control of the gun from the soldier. After getting it, he pushed off and put two rounds in the chest of the soldier.

"Well, this is interesting." Was all Rio was able to say as he stood up. He left the item of questionable use on the soldier and headed down to the ground floor. By now, he could hear gunshots both nearby and in the distance. Then it hit him.

New Gracaria is under attack.

He rushed for his phone and attempted to call out, but there was no signal. He slammed it back down and realized he had to get in contact with the AGF forces. Running out the door, he stopped just as he left. He realized at that moment that he needed to put something on. A naked wolf, even if easily recognizable as the Governor, still didn't look good to most.

Thinking for a moment, he went back to the Federation soldier and stripped him of clothes and armor. He then headed up to his bedroom in order to get changed into them.

---

OOC:

* Yes, the item of questionable use is exactly what you think it is.

Aluez
Species: Hybrid

Re: The Invasion of New Gracaria

Post by Aluez » Mon May 30, 2011 9:00 pm

Tod, having stayed at IX's compound and mansion since they arrived on New Gracaria snapped awake when Tisra shrieked in terror. "What what what?!" he looked around and noticed the lights were out, sighing and groaning softly as she shook next to him. "Come on now, you glow in the dark, and you're scared of a little darkness?"

"Yes dammit!" she snapped back, crawling closer to Tod as she shook, finding comfort in his arms as they waited for one of the guards to come up and check on them.

Lucifer groaned and searched through the darkness before finding Tod and Tisra's door, knocking twice before entering with a flash light. "Everything okay in here?" he asked, smiling once they seen them nod. "Good good... but just as a safety precaution, I need Tod and everyone to get into their gears"

Tod perked his ears and nodded some before kissing Tisra on the cheek, putting her back to bed before stepping out of the bed, following Lucifer into the locker room, seeing that everyone was gearing themselves up, smiling when the first pair of red eyes appeared out of the shadows. "Good, at least one of us can see... go outside and see if it's just us or if it's the sector" he then began to slip into his under armor before stepping into the gear of his own, meeping when Lucifer smacked his helmet down onto his head. "Dammit Lucifer!" he growls and feels the nanites creep up his ears as he felt the alloy encasing his body, every system being checked before he could see the floor beneath him, turning his head to look over to the left, then to the right. "It's working... so that's a good thing" he stepped out of the dock and grabbed his assault rifle, walking out from the locker room before seeing the other geared soldier come back in.

"So... I see no lights down the road, and my ears picked up something crashing down in the woods..." said Tomas, sighing as he walked upstairs.

Tod nodded and opened his comms channel. "Okay, I want people upstairs... I will stay down here" he looked at his rifle and then at the other white geared soldiers, "Keep Tisra safe, I will be fixing us some snacks to stay awake" just as he said that, the door was kicked by something, causing him to whip around and point his rifle at the door.
The light must be extinguished, for the shadows to disappear

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

The_ASE

Post by The_ASE » Tue May 31, 2011 6:34 am

West Side of Island, Approximately One Mile From IX's House

The Federation soldier, corporal, stumbled out of his pod, having never dropped from orbit before. He took his rifle and started to head in what his visor said was west. He got a quick view of where he landed and that'd be the direction of the ocean. From there he thinks it'd be easier to find his way around.

Trying to keep the noise down, in case he landed near Aneans, he crept slowly. Every now and then though the armor clanged, but not too loudly. Of course, that almost ceased to matter when another pod crashed down near him, followed by a second. The second one couldn't have been more than a few hundred feet away... since the dust from it was already obscuring the solder's nightvision.

The soldier kneeled down and waited for at least one of the soldiers from the pods to catch up. Without warning, one of the soldiers that landed said, "Well at least I am not alone here. Let's move." Looking at the rank, this soldier was a Captain.

The two of them kept going west, but at a faster pace than the corporal was earlier. Once reaching the edge of the small woods, they saw in the distance what appeared to be a compound of sorts... as well as a tank in front of it. They looked at each other wondering why the EMP didn't stop it. A third soldier, a private, caught up with them and had to have been the first pod that landed. He, like the corporal, was still rather dizzy from the impact.

The Captain stood up, as did the other two, and ran toward the road. After about a minute and a half, the three of them jumped into the ditch at the side. The private pulled out his rocket launcher and, with the Captain's nod, aimed at the tank.

Road to IX's House
A single GK-I, which was still running due to the EMP-proofed core components of the vehicle, rolled down the road toward the house since that was the nearest location with friendly soldiers. The tank commander, Nakhi, was on the .80 caliber machine gun since that still works, but the main gun and coaxial gun aren't working anymore.

Approaching the house, he took his megaphone and said, "Hey, Tod or whoever is in there, get these gates open. It's Nakhi. Something happened out here." Finally the tank came to a halt at the steel gates and Nakhi swung around in the turret to make sure nothing was approaching from behind.
New Gracaria
Rio, after getting the armor on, headed down the road toward the AGF base. He also stopped and shot as a Federation tank, and about 20 soldiers, approached, but he simply kept walking and saluted when needed. They ignored him for the most part though and he let out a sigh of relief. Though he now picked up the pace - to a point of sprinting - since he doesn't want to run the risk of getting caught.

Behind him, he heard the cannon of the tank fire and what sounded like one of the houses on the road explode. Rio shook off the thoughts of who could have been in the house. After a few minutes, he reached the end of the road and saw the AGF base in the distance... but he hid behind one of the houses.
AGF Base
Almost immediately after Federation forces dropped in, the AGF base was attacked. It's a small base, housing only 1,500 soldiers and 2,000 reservists. Without the heavy weapons, the soldiers which have never seen combat were forced to hold out for as long as possible against Federation veterans and vehicles while attempting to evacuate as many civilians as possible. With all commanders above the rank of lieutenant out of the base, it's an organized chaos. Simply because all they can do is fight and hope the Federation soldiers will fall back before the base falls.

The tank shells from the Federation were tearing apart the walls of the base. The few soldiers up on the walls that had rocket launchers attempted to fire upon the tanks, but, more often than not, missed. Without warning, a Federation tank turned its turret around and drove into the gates of the base, breaking through.

Any soldiers on the walls jumped down and started to head back toward the main building for a last stand. The soldiers that weren't fighting were underground opening an evacuation tunnel. The tunnel is actually just the sewers of the city, but it leads to a small fort in the mountains or even south to New Astrapolis. There's a few vehicles under here just to make the trip shorter and the sewer was designed to be like a Faraday cage. Hopefully it worked so at least some of the soldiers can escape the city.

Aluez

Post by Aluez » Tue May 31, 2011 9:58 am

The generators finally kicked on and the house lit back up, the gate opening after Tod flicked the switch, nothing but red eyes being seen on the upper portion of the house. "Sir there's a tank at the gate... who is that?" asked Tomas as he took aim at it with an Anti-Tank rifle.

"Friendly tank, and that's Nakhi, someone that annoys the hell out of me sometimes..." said Lucifer before taking his helmet off, sitting down on the bed as he collected Tisra up into his arms. "There, now the lights are back on" he chuckles and kisses the top of her head with a faint smile.

Tod smiled a bit before walking to the front door, opening it before going back to fixing the crew a snack, a thud being heard from upstairs as one of the soldiers fell down the stairs. "You okay?" he asks, the soldier nodding before standing back up.

"Yea, just tripped"

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

The_ASE

Post by The_ASE » Tue May 31, 2011 11:04 am

IX's Compound
The tank began to roll in when Nakhi saw the rocket launch. He able to hit it with a bullet, but the explosion still was close enough to damage the tank. Even after detonating the rocket, he continued to fire backward at whatever that was that launched. When no more fire was returned, Nakhi stopped firing and let the gates close.

The tank came to a stop near the motor pool and Nakhi climbed out of the tank. He took his Goliath helmet off and walked toward the building. His armor was also mostly unaffected by the EMP, though some of the systems aren't working on it.

Nakhi walked right into the house and back to the kitchen, assuming that's where Tod would be. When he thought that though, he realized just how sexist that sounded.

Seeing him there, in the armor thing they have, Nakhi said, "Good thing you're here since technically you're the one in charge. Anyway, here's my assessment of the situation.

"EMP. Whole island I believe was affected. Only one nation has the audacity to do something like that. And they're probably already in New Gracaria, occupying it. I hate to admit it, but I think the greatest fear of this colony was just realized. Of course, it could just be one hell of a power outage, but I don't believe that. Not with the rocket that hit my tank. We'll just have to see what's gone on in the morning. For all I know that rocket was just some jumpy AGF soldiers."
---
The three soldiers crawled through the ditch toward the south. Missing that tank meant that the place would be alerted and there's no way they can take on that base, or whatever it is. They don't have the manpower to take it quite yet.
Orbit

Tupin was just getting the first reports in from the fighting. The AGF Base should fall soon, New Gracaria is almost completely under initial control, and troops are spreading out to capture the other cities and towns. Within a day or two, the island should be under Federation control. Once the all clear is given, that being when communication centers are under his control, the jamming will cease.

So far there has been no real resistance, but once day comes he expects the people to finally start to fight back. Or perhaps these Aneans are smart enough to realize that the Federation is supreme and resistance is futile. But he's not getting his hopes up for that.

Come morning Tupin will personally head to the surface to direct the operations of the occupation force. He knows what must be done and, if he does it right, can keep the ruse that the colony is still in a state of semi-normalcy. Otherwise he fears that the world will react negatively to the invasion. Unless of course the colony has no friends on the planet, which is highly likely.

Aluez

Post by Aluez » Tue May 31, 2011 11:18 am

"Looks like we have another war on our hands boys and girls" said Tod over the communications channel, before activating his external speech system, his voice becoming metallic and monotonic. "We can help, we don't need to phone home or anything, so who has attacked the island?"

"The hell was that all about?" asked Tomas as he came down stairs, giving a quick salute toward Nakhi before looking at Tod. "Someone fired a rocket, and I still see heat signatures outside... should I pursue?"

"Negative, let them wallow before we try anything..." said Tod before looking at Nakhi, red eyes scanning over his body. "We will move out in the morning, for now, lets rest up and come up with a plan for these idiots to run from..." he then finished fixing the snacks, offering a plate of celery and baby carrots to Nakhi. "Snack?"

Tisra smiled and came downstairs, smiling up at Tod before looking at Nakhi. "What brings the kitty all this way?" she asked, not hearing the rocket explosion from earlier as she had just woken up for the third time tonight.

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

The_ASE

Post by The_ASE » Tue May 31, 2011 11:36 am

"Considering the Third Federation War back home, it's the Federation. Or the Pudrians. Though there's a ninety-nine percent chance it's the Feds. They're on the last legs and desperate, according to IX's reports. And they picked the best Anean target.

"There are 1,500 active duty soldiers in the colony. Yes, fifteen hundred. Plus 2,000 reservists, or something like that. About 40,000 soldiers that used to be here were called to duty in Andromeda. All GK-IIs were moved there as well as most of the GK-Is. Then to top it off, I think only a couple dozen of the soldiers still left have actually seen combat. Even if they were veterans, the situation is a mess. We don't have the manpower and definitely not the firepower to take on what is most likely an army. Damn IX for moving our forces. But... he probably thought they'd never attack here.

"And I'd say we should get a scout team out and over the mountains. By the time they arrive, it should be morning. Provided one of the light Skirmishers work. We need information on what we're facing. And Rio is in New Gracaria still, most likely, so he needs to be rescued. Well, he can be, though I honestly don't think he'd mind being in a prison.

"And no... no thanks. I am not hungry in the least bit. Not with this going on. I told IX I was going to make sure Rio didn't do anything stupid. In all honesty I wanted to avoid the war. at least forty million AGF soldiers have died so far, fifteen or so million on Talon alone. And now the war came here. Millions more are about to die most likely. What a fucking mess..."

Aluez

Post by Aluez » Tue May 31, 2011 11:59 am

"I see..." Tod thought for a moment before looking toward the back door, knowing their HIND was still on the helipad, he wondered if the vehicle would still be useful to them. "I have an idea... if the engine doesn't start, then we can use the skirmisher... but I seriously doubt that we will be able to all fit into the vehicle..."

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

The_ASE

Post by The_ASE » Tue May 31, 2011 1:54 pm

"I was thinking sending just two soldiers, find some sort of working communications devices, and let them head out. A helicopter would be too obvious and the Skirmisher is at least somewhat quiet. Quiet enough to get into a position to observe.

"We also need to establish contact with the Worldport, Superfactory, and possibly New Astrapolis. Though the last one is probably to fall soon as well. The Worldport has planes and a small contingent of National Guard troops, as does the Superfactory. Neither are large amounts, but we can use as many soldiers as we can get.

"And if we all went out, we run the risk of all being captured or killed. And then any hope of resistance would die with us. I cannot allow that risk."

AGF Base, Communications Center

Marshal Omer Arris, with his escort, personally kicked down the door of the comms center. The AGF soldier inside fired at the Federation soldiers, killing one, but was killed by the Marshal's pistol. With the AGF base seized, though with far fewer Anean losses than he expected, the main fighting is over.

"Get on the comms and I will end the jamming on these military systems so we can get the word out to the other nations in case they noticed the EMP as well as fighting perhaps."

The Marshal then left the room pleased with the progress of the occupation. Looking at his clock, adjusted for the time on Earth and the colony specifically, it was approximately 2 in the morning.

According to the ships in orbit, there's also a snowstorm on the way. Arris shuddered at the thought. He hates the snow ever since he had to fight on Carnta. That and the cold. Already it's too cold on this planet, though he's more comfortable when the temperature, at its lowest, is around 110 degrees.

---

Sent across the world was a simple message:

Today there was a widespread power outage as well as looting in the colony. Fires were started and there was extensive destruction in New Gracaria. If anyone noticed this with alarm, we apologize for the situation and wish to clarify what had happened. If there are any further concerns, then feel free to contact the government of the colony.

Aatuylva
Species: House Folfdog

Post by Aatuylva » Tue May 31, 2011 2:14 pm

OOC: Lolrepost

New Gracaria, Aatuylvan Rail Depot

Mr. Jarfi had been moving goods, people, and military supplies for over forty years. His hair was peppered occasionally with black, but he refused to dye it. 'The white added character', as he always said.
His train was one of the newer models, updated weapons and alloys, but the engine was salvaged from the remains of his last command, a durable, but efficient steam engine. All of the Aneans were always saying he should upgrade it, but it was a workhorse. Nothing could pull more as fast...

He went through all of the procedures, checking all of the gauges...hmmm, what were we taking today?

According to the manifest, workers and machine parts to the factory south of the 'worldport'. All out in the open.
Well, at least the mountains were able to allow for Aatuylvan Railway Protocols. Plenty of tunnels and twists, like a proper rail line.
He let a funnel of steam escape the stack, testing the engine.

No need for any 'all aboard' calls, everyone knew the schedule, and if they were late, it was their problem, not his.
Final checks...huh. Radios were malfunctioning again. Oh well.

"Oi, Jameson, the men mannin' the guns?"

"Ain't nothin to shoot sah, you kno-"

"Jameson?"

"What in the six hells are those?!"

Jarfi looked out of his control room to see what was the matter, but was knocked off his feet when an explosion rocked the train.

Oh gods!

"We're under attack! Man your stations, get those guns at the air, move now!"

Jarfi shouted orders, his body reacting to training he had received so long ago...

The train was underway, it's 80mm cannons and machine guns pointed at the sky, rockets flying up as soldiers began to man the personal guns. Jarfi could see the city in flames, with what he thought were bombs and other shapes falling from the sky. Some soldiers and civilians were banging on the sides of the train, wishing for him to stop and let them on...

"Their fault for being bloody late. They can ride on the outside."

Some managed to climb onto the ladders, or into windows, scrambling to keep up the train that was accelerating as fast as the engines could get it to. He pushed it as hard as he could, to speed the images away, to keep the thoughts of children out of his mind...

Barricade.

The enemy, whoever they were, had set up a barricade using some modular structure and local vehicles. He heard a strange crackling sound, and soon the outer armor on the front of his train began to glow a bright red, as if it were on fire.
Some damned weapon...

"Jameson, tell the artillery to aim at the red flashes! And hold on, I'm gonna push 'er!"

He checked everything one last time before making sure the train was going to head to max speed as soon as possible, then he pulled a lever opening a large hatch on the front armor spike.

"Barricade this you ruddy bastards."

The large cannon opened fire, blasting a hole in the vehicles and forcing the soldiers to duck for cover. Jarfi thought he got a few with that shot as the train barreled through the barricade, metal tearing sounds screeching all down the train as one of the pods hit the side.

He had to reach the mountains.

------------------------------

Anean SuperFactory

Centurion Resha Volvoin scratched his ears. Something wasn't right.
His radio wasn't working....sure, it was tempermental, but all of the radios weren't working...

The dark furred lupine walked up the flights of stairs to the foreman's office.

"Oi, what are you doin to my radios? I need to check in with the dockmaster about those parts you needed at the depot!"

------------------------------

"Well, that's a load of bullshit if I've ever read it. Tell them that we 'feel for their pain' and we're going to send aidships and planes. In the meantime get InShtu Peacekeepers and Deep Patrol over there, pronto. And fetch Tiam, tell her to use that fancy little techno-whatsit to try and contact IX."

"Aye m'lord."

What a bloody load of bullshit.

Stidham stroked his mustache for a bit, looking out of his office window at the tranquil scene of the forest and jungle, swaying in the wind.

Something isn't right. That or I forgot my pills again. Best go with the former though.
Last edited by Aatuylva on Tue May 31, 2011 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.—Robert A. Heinlein