Two Packs

Please be quiet in the library.
Killer Zoids
Species: homovulpes vulpes

Two Packs

Post by Killer Zoids » Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:49 pm

Dec 15, 2010 at 3:39am - miokalia
(((This thread involves KZ and Miokalia)))

Andertol's small, boxy little Tatra moved along the winding mountain roads in a fashion which definately could not be described as "sporty".
Itka advised him to just rent something, but he was much too focused on this vision of his that had been bothering him so much lately.

"Do you even know where this lake is?", asked Itka, "I mean at first you thought this was at Macquerie, but then you found out that it looked nothing like the one you supposedly saw.
I think it's possible you made the place up."

"I told you. I don't know if I'm going to have another chance. I have to resolve this.", Andertol said, "It's Lake Roja, I know it. It's the only lake with a lodge with that balcony on it that I saw, according to google maps at least.
I need to do this."

"I don't know if these mountain towns are even going to have tdarocel, or even accept our papery dollery-doo Karat money for that manner. They probably only have gas"

Andertol said irritatedly:
"Then if we get stranded and somehow are unable to communicate, and somehow run out of deochal, then I guess we'll have gas for lunch."

Itka glowered at him and said,
"I think I liked you better before you went to Aluez.
Now that we're the same, you seem to think you can eat anything."

"This is it", Andertol said as he neared the end of the dirt road, "I see another car here so there must be someone else nearby. Do I look okay? I'm not all discombobulated am I?"

"It's KZ", she replied, "Things like us are not that unusual of a sight around here."
As they exited the vehicle, she added, "I bet you would feel pretty silly if, hypothetically, whomever that car belongs to is someone you knew, and you ran into them and they saw you like this."

But Andertol was already making his way to the lodge at the edge of the lake.
Specifically to the deck overlooking the lake. The one he saw during one of his "sessions" with K24.

The tables and chairs were a memory artifact, the real deck was mostly empty. But the lighting was the same, and the lake was the same.

He ran to the edge of it and looked down. He couldn't see it very well, so he tried to peek down closer, turning his head to the side.
He nearly fell in, but barely caught himself. Now he was awkwardly balanced with his bare, metal claw clamped against the railing.

That's when he heard someone behind him say, "I don't think you can fish here."
He saw that it was a wolf or a fox of some kind with a rifle (not aimed at him, just on hand) and wearing nothing except a speedo.

It took a minute for Andertol to go through the rolodex of his mind and realize that this was someone familiar.

Killer Zoids

Re: Two Packs

Post by Killer Zoids » Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:49 pm

Dec 18, 2010 at 2:30pm - killer zoids

"So you two must be the ones freaking out the guests. You know, its a 30 foot drop to the rocks down there... I don't think you'd make it. "

He slung the rifle onto his back and reached over the railing and with Itka's help, pulled Andertol up.

"He's not all there is he?", mentioned the fox, looking at Itka.

Andertol stood back up, looking in shambles and hadn't totally realized who this was. It was clear Itka knew and she wasn't going to stand there and make the fox try to get Andertol to figure it out.

"Geneec!" she exclaimed.
"Itka! Andertol! How are you guys doing!?" as he leaped up to give her a hug. "Wow, its been sooo long!" He paused a moment, and looked around, noticing a few other Kazian vacationers were looking at them, puzzled and frightened.

He talked a bit quieter, "I've heard some news about him disappearing and getting messed up. You know, there's rumors that he's dead, this probably isn't the kind of place we should go and make it known who you two are..."

Geneec guided the two off the main deck to a staircase which lead to the waters edge below. "Come, I'll take you to my cabin. It's quiet there and has a great view of the lake.. and its not a 30 foot drop if you decide to go swimming. Got a couple others I'd like you to meet."

The cabin was nestled lakeside, about a mile from the lodge. It was secluded by the sort of trails where they mark the path by colored dots on trees; different colors meant different trails. Outside was a small dock, extending into the water about 20 feet. The cabin was of A-frame construction, two levels inside, the opening of the A was all glass and faced the valley lake, where the sun was setting.

Killer Zoids

Post by Killer Zoids » Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:50 pm

miokalia

"'Sup with the rifle?", asked Andertol while trying to re-tension the reel in his arm after dangling from the balcony.

"'Sup with your mouth?", asked Geneec.

"Is it really that noticible?", he asked.
This caused Andertol to close his mouth and very conspicuously try to open it as little as possible.

He looked back out at the lake and gave off a long pneumatic sigh.

Killer Zoids

killer zoids

Geneec put the rifle in a cabinet and then walked over to the kitchen and poured some coffee for himself. There was an uncomfortable silence, he could feel it. "You guys want something? I got plenty of snacks, drinks.. oh and there's probably some dchal or something out in the boat shed."

Itka looked over at Geneec in the kitchen, "Maybe in a couple minutes." Andertol was transfixed on nothing standing on the deck. "This is a nice place, I imagine it must be really tough to find areas like this in KZ unspoiled by urban sprawl," Itka continued.

"Yeah, we've got this cabin on a timeshare, its like us and maybe 2 other families, so we can pretty much come down here whenever. Kit really wanted to see the lake, he wouldn't stop talking about it, drawing pictures.. Funny thing too, he's never even been here before.. well.. maybe once," said Geneec, holding his belly. "He and Rincon are out on the lake probably."

"Do you see the troller boat on the dock?" He asked Andertol and walked up to stand next to him, leaning his forearms on the rail, holding the mug.

Killer Zoids

miokalia

"The lake's not as deep as I remember", he said.

"Good, it looks like you've decided to talk", said Itka, "Pardon him, as I'm sure you've heard plenty of rumors about what happened to him. Many of them are not true but the truth is still fairly strange in it's own regard."

Andertol went back inside to use the restroom while Itka remained on the deck with Geneec.

"He's in an awkward place right now. It doesn't help that the first thing that Qualt did when he got back was try to pull information out of him. To the point where it was absurd and nearly killed him again.", she said. She got quieter and continued, "I got him out of the office, and he got into this weird obcession over a vision he saw while he was out of it. I suppose it's better than being back home though. If anything, getting him away from Qualt will be good for him.

I guess you've probably inferred some of what happened.
On an odd note: he does still eat though. Old habits die hard.

Although lately it's been mostly rocks, paperclips and clothes-hangers. Which is fairly atypical.

He eats a lot of rocks for some reason."

She paused a moment and thought that maybe that wasn't too good of a thing to say after he had left to use the restroom.

"Not that your facilities are in any danger. That aspect of him is still quite normal"
Last edited by Killer Zoids on Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Killer Zoids

Post by Killer Zoids » Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:51 pm

killer zoids

Geneec chucked. "I hope not quartzite! There's a huge crystal on display at the lodge, pretty neat. I've found a couple of nice ones too, I think this area used to be hot springs or something, probably millions of years ago when these mountains were forming. But gees, rocks into turds.. that's gotta be marketable somehow!"

Itka looked at Geneec funny.

Geneec went over to the mantle and grabbed a pair of binoculars and spied out over the lake. After a moment, he interjected, "Ahh! Looks like they're on their way back. Here have a peek.." He was offering the binoculars to Itka but stopped after it became apparent she was binocularing on her own.

"Telephoto huh? I gotta get that.. I know an integrafur guy..."

Killer Zoids

Post by Killer Zoids » Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:51 pm

Post by miokalia on Dec 22, 2010 at 8:54pm

"Sorta.", she said as she tried to track the bouncing, blurry image of the boat. At this distance the zoom wasn't all that great but she wasn't about to say that to Geneec.
"I guess that's what Andy is now", she said, "I guess he counts as an integrafur, for now."

Killer Zoids

Post by Killer Zoids » Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:52 pm

Post by Killer Zoids on Dec 24, 2010 at 6:57pm

Rincon and Kit were tying off at the doc. Kit had on a life jacket and over-sized sun glasses. Rincon had on an outback hat, two lines of blue sun block across his cheeks, and a fishing vest. Geneec, excited, came back inside and bounded to the dock, but was stopped when he fell over, his left leg collapsing on him.

"Damn!" Geneec exclaimed, "freakin' eh." Itka came over to Geneec to help him up.

"Is that supposed to bend like that??" She asked, somewhat horrified by the contortion of his leg. "Maybe you shouldn't move.."

"Naw, naw, its fine. I just need to be more careful... Huuuupp" He grabbed the counter top next to the door and helped himself up. He grabbed onto his hip for a moment and then continued out to the dock. "Grab Andy will ya?"

Itka waited for Andertol at the top of the stairs leading down to the dock. She watched Kit run up to Geneec who picked him up and spun him in the air a few times, the two laughing and carrying on. She got a better view of Kit from her spot at the door, and was startled by what it appeared he looked like.

"Andy Andy... you're not going to believe this," Itka said.
"Hmm?" he said as he approached.

Kit was just a runt, being just 6 years old. He resembled Geneec, but had a stiffer tail and more stalky build like Rincon. His fur was very shaggy and patchy, but underneath was it was quite obvious he wasn't just a fox or dinosaur. His dark-colored steel muzzle glinted in the sun for a moment when the light was just right.

Killer Zoids

Post by miokalia on Dec 24, 2010 at 11:29pm

"Weird, I never would have guessed", Andertol said, "Which one do you think it is?"

"Hard to say.", Itka said.

"All those years ago, I had no idea one of them was, you know...", Andertol said.

"Yeah that's the funny thing about it. I didn't know either.", she said.

They watched for a moment longer and Itka said,
"We haven't been able to make this work yet."

"It's my fault. It's because of core chemistry. I'm sorry.", Andertol said discreetly.

"Not necessarily. Lots of EM26s and EM49s reproduce successfully all the time.", she said, "Although it might just be that you're body is still at a severe Magnite deficit."

"Well maybe I could take care of that while I'm up here. Let's discuss later, they're coming.", said Andertol

Killer Zoids

Post by Killer Zoids on Dec 26, 2010 at 12:13am

Geneec put Kit on his shoulders and Rincon grabbed a cooler from the boat and lugged it up the stairs back to the cabin.

"Kitaro, these are important people from Miokalia, say hi"

Kit hid his face behind Geneec's foxy ears. "He's shy, but trust me he'll be all over you guys. Specially you, Itka. Seems he's attracted to shiny stuff."

Rincon finally made it up the stairs, "Uugghh.." putting down the cooler and sliding it out of the way.

"Oh wow! Ander! Itka!" His eyes lit up "wow haven't seen you two since... ..oh wow, since just before Kitaro was born."

Geneec put Kit down, who proceeded to play with some matchbox cars from under the couch. "Hey buddy, you wanna grilled cheese?" Geneec ruffled the fur on Kit's head, and then looked up "How bout you guys? Soda, beers?" He shook his rump to make his tail wag and then walked over to the counter to make the sandwich for his boy.

"We'll have a good ol' fish fry tonight. Kit and I caught a nice salmon and a couple rainbow trout," said Rincon, who joined Geneec at the counter with a soft tap on Geneec's rear. "How you guys been doing? We've been pretty off-the-political-scene since Kitaro was born."